This New Year-2010...What'ya Gonna Do?

                                                         Image from Dark Roasted Blend

This new year finds me asking, "What you Gonna do?" 
20/10 sounds like a oil additive for my car.  I'll have to check my dip-stick more often, I guess. 

Each year I propose new goals and this year I've tried to simplify them to ensure a more reasonable chance of success.  Less is more; frown less, drink less, worry less, eat less and look up at the stars a bit more often.  

The last year was oh-so sad for me.  My Aunt Mitzi died and then my mother passed away a month later.  Five months went by, when my younger sister suddenly died.   Thus, I'm looking over my shoulder a lot, hoping a wrecking ball doesn't accidentally snap my head off.  

It seems that time is never distributed with any measurement of equanimity, (Aristotle, wherefore art thou?) so, perhaps by making time a priority I will extract more juice from life. Procrastination is no longer an option. I see the writing on the wall!  Not easily accomplished by one whose path has waited for positive indicators before venturing out.  Gotta eat me a bowl of confidence!

Here's my favorite depressive, genius songstress, belting out a soulful tune about life...Oh! And Happy New Year!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey, Norman! How ‘Bout Us? by Karin Kascher

The Bitch Is Back!